7 Reasons Why Veterans Are Good for Your Business
Hiring veterans can be a great asset for any business. Not only do veterans bring a wealth of skills and experience to the table, but they also bring a strong work ethic, discipline, and leadership abilities. In addition, hiring veterans can be a socially responsible and beneficial move for your business. Here are some reasons why veterans are good for your business:
- Veterans are highly skilled: Many veterans have received extensive training and education in their military careers. This includes technical skills such as computer programming, engineering, and medical training, as well as soft skills like leadership, teamwork, and communication. These skills can be extremely valuable in a variety of business settings. Additionally, a study from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) reports 65% of veterans have some college education or higher, a level higher than civilians.
- Veterans have a strong work ethic: Military service requires discipline, hard work, and a willingness to go the extra mile. As a result, veterans are often highly motivated and reliable employees who take pride in their work.
- Veterans are adaptable and resilient: Military service often involves frequent relocation and the need to adapt to new environments and cultures. This makes veterans particularly well-suited for roles that require flexibility and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Veterans are leaders: Military service provides numerous opportunities for leadership development, from leading small teams to commanding large units. As a result, many veterans have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and guide others.
- Hiring veterans can be good for your company’s image: Many consumers appreciate businesses that make an effort to hire and support veterans. This can lead to increased customer loyalty and a positive reputation for your business.
- Veterans may be eligible for hiring incentives: The federal government and some states offer incentives to businesses that hire veterans, including tax credits and grants. These incentives can help offset the cost of hiring and training veterans, making it a financially attractive option for your business.
- Veterans often bring a diverse perspective: Military service provides the opportunity to work and interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. This can bring a diverse perspective to your business and help foster a more inclusive work environment.
Overall, veterans can be a valuable asset to any business. Their skills, work ethic, and leadership abilities make them well-suited for a variety of roles, and hiring veterans can also have positive social and financial benefits for your business. If you are considering hiring veterans, there are resources available to help you find qualified candidates and navigate the hiring process.
Looking to hire a veteran? Check out our Veteran Hiring Program!